About Robo 3T
Robo 3T (formerly Robomongo *) is a shell-centric cross-platform MongoDB management tool. Unlike most other MongoDB admin UI tools, Robo 3T embeds the actual
mongo shell in a tabbed interface with access to a shell command line as well as GUI interaction.
From version 1.3, Robo 3T embeds the MongoDB 4.0 shell (including support for SCRAM-SHA-256 auth and MongoDB SRV connection strings).
MongoDB shell history:
From version 1.1, Robo 3T embeds the MongoDB 3.4 shell.
From version 0.9, Robo 3T embeds the MongoDB 3.2 shell (including SCRAM-SHA-1 auth and support for WiredTiger storage engine).
From version 0.8.x, Robo 3T embeds the MongoDB 2.4.0 shell.
What's new in latest Robo 3T 1.3?
- Mongo Shell upgrade from version 3.4 to 4.0.5
- Support for importing from MongoDB SRV connection strings
- Query results window now supports tabbed output (#1591, #1403)
- Adding support for SCRAM-SHA-256 auth mechanism (#1569)
- Support for creating version 4 UUID (#1554)
- Support for Ubuntu 18.04 and Mac 10.14 (#731)
- 'Create/Edit/View User' features fixed and updated #638 #1041
- Pagination does not work when the aggregation queries have dotted fields #1529
- Fix for application crash when adding index with invalid JSON
- 'Repair Database' in Robo3T needs a confirm dialog box #1568
- Robo 3T the input space causes connection failure #1551
- Crash on right click when loading results #1547
- Attempt to fix #1581: For CRUD ops showing progress bar and disabling context menu while waiting for edit op to finish
- Fixing UI issue where Functions folder freezing with "Functions..." when fails to refresh
- Attempt to fix #1547: Crash when right click on existing results plus a new long running query
Note: This sections is for Robo 3T and it directly depends on what MongoDB suppports
|MongoDB Cloud Platforms|
|Windows 64-bit 10||Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave)||Linux Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit*|
|Windows 64-bit 8.1||Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)||Linux Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit*|
|Windows 64-bit 7||Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)||Linux CentOS 7 64-bit* **|
|Linux CentOS 6 64-bit* **|
* Latest stable build
** Support for CentOS temporarily dropped starting from version 1.1
You can download tested installer packages for macOS, Windows, and Linux from our site: www.robomongo.org.
The latest stable release is currently Robo 3T 1.3.
Robo 3T is an open source project driven by volunteers. We'll try to get to your questions as soon as we can, but please be patient :).
New feature suggestions or UI improvements are always welcome. Create a new feature request on github
This project is powered by open source volunteers, so we have a limited amount of development resource to address all requests. We will certainly make best efforts to progress (particularly for those with strong community upvotes).
Code contributions are always welcome! Just try to follow our pre-commit checks and coding style:
If you plan to contribute, please create a Github issue (or comment on the relevant existing issue) so we can help coordinate with upcoming release plans.
Pull requests (PRs) should generally be for discrete issues (i.e. one issue per PR please) and be clean to merge against the current master branch. It would also be helpful if you can confirm what testing has been done (specific O/S targets and MongoDB versions if applicable).
A usual naming approach for feature branches is
issue-###. Include the issue number in your commit message / pull request description to link the PR to the original issue.
#248: updated QScintilla to 2.4.8 for retina display support".
There are some cosmetic issues we could use help with (designing images or UI). They are marked in the issue queue with a
Cosmetic label. If you see an open issue that you'd like to contribute to, please feel free to volunteer by commenting on it.
There are a number of issues we could use help with reproducing. They are marked in the issue queue with a
Needs Repro label. If you see an open issue that doesn't appear to be reproducible yet, please feel free to test and comment with your findings.
Copyright 2014-2019 3T Software Labs Ltd. All rights reserved.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.