An industrial-grade RPC framework used throughout Baidu, with 1,000,000+ instances(not counting clients) and thousands kinds of services, called "baidu-rpc" inside Baidu. Only C++ implementation is opensourced right now.
You can use it to:
- Build a server that can talk in multiple protocols (on same port), or access all sorts of services
- restful http/https, h2/gRPC. using http/h2 in brpc is much more friendly than libcurl. Access protobuf-based protocols with HTTP/h2+json, probably from another language.
- redis and memcached, thread-safe, more friendly and performant than the official clients.
- rtmp/flv/hls, for building streaming services.
- hadoop_rpc (may be opensourced)
- rdma support (will be opensourced)
- thrift support, thread-safe, more friendly and performant than the official clients.
- all sorts of protocols used in Baidu: baidu_std, streaming_rpc, hulu_pbrpc, sofa_pbrpc, nova_pbrpc, public_pbrpc, ubrpc and nshead-based ones.
- Build HA distributed services using an industrial-grade implementation of RAFT consensus algorithm which is opensourced at braft
- Servers can handle requests synchronously or asynchronously.
- Clients can access servers synchronously, asynchronously, semi-synchronously, or use combo channels to simplify sharded or parallel accesses declaratively.
- Debug services via http, and run cpu, heap and contention profilers.
- Get better latency and throughput.
- Extend brpc with the protocols used in your organization quickly, or customize components, including naming services (dns, zk, etcd), load balancers (rr, random, consistent hashing)
- Read overview to know where brpc can be used and its advantages.
- Read getting started for building steps and play with examples.
- Performance benchmark
- Builtin Services
- RPC in depth
- Use cases inside Baidu
Please refer to here.